Monday, April 27, 2009

Call me Adam

So my first attempt at a blog. Not to sure I can get any followers, but I can complain about stuff.
I am very excited, I just bough an iRobot Roomba on www.woot.com for $130.00 + $5.00 shipping. I thought it was a great deal, the only problem is I have to wait 5 days for shipping! Sophia, my oldest daughter just spilled her bowl of cherios (with no milk thank goodness) all over the floor. If I only had the Roomba, I could just sick the robot on the mess, but because I dont yet, I have to handle it the old fashioned way, with another machine that helps you clean. How lazy am I if I think the machine invented to help me clean my floors is too much work and I need it automated? No wonder I am overweight.
Speaking of... every Sunday I play football with a leauge in Dallas, www.texas9man.com, that is very competitive. Infact, I am not quite sure how I got involved with this leauge. Everyone in it has at least played ball in college, and all of them are incredibly athletic. I play offensive and deffensive line. Yesterday I sacked the quarterback twice! I also had an excelent day on the O-line. This year our team has not been as good as we have in the past, If we win out, we can probably get into the playoffs with a 6-6 record. We have been on freefall the past few weeks, and it has not been fun, yesterday on the other hand, I had a blast! I think it was because everyone out there was just playing for fun, that usually dosnt happen because it is a very competitve leauge. After the first 3 quarters we were both scoreless. With about 2 minitues left, we decided to stop trying to pass and just rely on the o-line (one of the biggest in the leage by both hieght and weight) to push everyone back and run the ball. A few quick runs, and a Tim Tebow montoge latter, we scored and put the game away for good.
The moral of the story is, that what is going to happen will happen and it makes no sense to go through life stressed when you can get to the same place just as quickly by sitting back and enjoyng the ride.

6 comments:

  1. We have a Roomba and a Scooba, so naturally, I use my Dyson and a mop and bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw...you have inspired me to start updating my blog again.
    http://warrensaidhispiece.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are blogging! You can rely on Grandma and Grandpa to read every day! It is a highlight of theirs to read everyone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can TRULY relate! It's good to hear what's inside that magnetic mind of yours. I look forward to LOTS more!

    ReplyDelete